Food & Beverage Director
Birkdale Golf Club, an Arnold Palmer Signature design golf club, is hiring for a Food & Beverage Director of Arnie’s Tavern. Located within the stately Birkdale clubhouse, Arnie’s Tavern is a full-service restaurant and bar. Arnie’s is a popular destination for both golfers and non-golfers. Although centered around the golf operation, Arnie’s is a very popular local restaurant for the surrounding community.
Contact General Manager Jeff Thomas via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (704) 895-8038 ext. 3 for more information OR fill out application form below.
Direct all food & beverage and housekeeping related activities for the facility. Ensure the profitable operations of a dynamic and efficient Food and Beverage Department through direct execution of all day-to-day functions. Guidance and direction of the personnel and control of the resources at hand to obtain budgeted goals as a minimum standard. Creation of high efficiency and productivity at minimum cost while maintaining a quality operation. To provide competent, efficient, and friendly service where each employee can contribute to the comfort, well-being and safety of our customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations when, at times, only limited standardization exists. The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional business journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Working knowledge of computers and various computer programs.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years management experience and/or training, OR
- An equivalent of hands-on training in the restaurant, golf club house, OR
- Hotel/restaurant management.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- High School Degree required
- Some college training preferred