Food & Beverage Cook Position
Position Title: Food & Beverage Cook Position
Basic Functions: Prepares and cooks meals for customers, employees and for golf outings and functions by performing the duties listed in the Essential Functions section.
Qualifications: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Requires ability to write simple correspondence as well. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment and operational procedures.
Experience Required: Minimum 6 months experience in the direct preparation/cooking of menu items. Must have a valid driver’s license. High school or equivalent preferred.
- Prepares and cooks food according to menu and standard operating procedures for each item.
- Works closely with manager on duty regarding daily specials and clubhouse functions.
- Checks all refrigeration for proper temperature controls.
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to make sure it is cooked properly.
- Responsible for kitchen organization and proper product levels at all times.
- Keeps all work areas neat and clean during shift.
- Knows the specific requirements of the Health Department and enforces those standards.
- Ensures proper portion control for all prepared items.
- Keeps refrigerators and dry goods shelves clean, organized and rotated at all times.
- Assists manager with the development of inventory standards of sanitation.
- Cleans kitchen and grill daily.
- Follow all rules and guidelines of kitchen and food preparation at all times.
- Performs any reasonable task requested by management or Pinnacle HR Group.
- Assist in other departments as required.
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Position Benefits: Full-Time and Part-Time positions available. 20-24 hours starting per work week. Additional hours may be available. Benefits include hourly wage, flexible schedule, golf privileges, range privileges. Birkdale Golf Club logo uniforms. Discount on Golf Merchandise. Discount on food and beverage purchases while on duty.
Contact General Manager Jeff Thomas via email email@example.com or Food & Beverage Manager Ann Eley via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Call (704) 895-8038 ext. 3 for more information OR fill out application form below.